View post (Quick ADD Survey)

View thread

defwad7
defwad7
04/28/2007 3:03 pm
1. Yes.

2. Yes. My cousin was diagnosed when he was around 10 years old. I initially felt bad for him and thought his parents just wanted a quick solution to his bad behavior.

3. No.

4. No. I think they simply haven't learned the value in concentration.

5. No. I think a better solution would be to teach these people breathing and meditation exercises. This would help them to focus as effectively, if not better, than with medication. Also there would only positive side-effects.

6. I don't really understand this question, but you shouldn't force someone to take medication so they can concentrate in school. See #5.

7. I think it is mostly the person's fault. It takes effort to concentrate and focus, and if someone makes a habit of not doing that for long enough, it could turn into a disorder.

8. I would have to think long and hard about this because i really don't believe ADD is a disorder. I think it is simply a habit of not concentrating. But, i suppose my reaction would be to get my child involved in things other than TV and video games. I would encourage them to play outside, or start playing music! That's a great exercise in concentration!