View post (probably the most overly-abused topic of all time...)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/19/2007 7:26 am
No my friend, you don't have issues. Trust me, I've been there. If theres somebody who has had essentially all the problems with the opposite sex, its me. "Love", or whatever you may want to call it, is euphoric. Its literally a high without a foreign substance involved. So probably mentally, you can get addicted to it. Its why so many marriages get broken off a few years in, because they lost that euphoria and theres no high related to being with eachother.

Anyways, I think you know the answer to your problems. You gotta tell her, and you gotta do it soon, or its gonna drive you insane. I mean, the worst she can say is "lets just be friends." And knowing where you stand with her is gonna be a lot better than wondering. Wondering will get you absolutely nowhere, and is gonna leave you miserable until you find out. You'd be temporarily very miserable if she shoots you down, but its better than never knowing. If she does by chance shoot you down, then c'est la vie dude. You're in high school still, correct? Remember the old line "theres plenty of fish in the sea." As stupid as I may sound being you think or may have found your "soul mate", once you head off into the real world, you're going to meet more seasoned and intelligent women than you ever have in your life. They don't get dumber as they get older. In fact, I'd say its quite the opposite.

And to say that you'd be holding her back isn't necessarily true. I mean, isn't love supposed to override everything else in life? It would for me, as it obviously would for you judging for your current emotions for this chick.

Get it off your chest man. What happens, happens. If she says no, then it obviously wasn't meant to be. Theres somebody out there for everyone, probably multiple people. Maybe this is your somebody, maybe it isn't.

I couldn't make a prediction here judging from your situation because its a well known fact that guys operate on logic and females operate on reverse logic. So you never know whats going through her head. But if you don't tell her its gonna eat away at you majorly.

This site is great ain't it? Dedicated to guitars, yet we can talk about such things like this and not get ridiculed for it.

Good luck man. I wish the best for you. :)
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.