View post (My Psych Professor is an idiot (in a good way.))

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
03/02/2007 5:50 am
When I took Canadian History over WebCT last year, I got into trouble for that kinda thing. It was the final test of the year, the one saying whether or not we'd be exempt from the exam, and we Greasy Knots found that the pages that contained the answers weren't locked like one would assume them to be. We said to ourselves "we've been good all year, we deserve a little marks-boost." So we got all the right answers and naturally got a few wrong, so as not to seem suspicious.

About an hour later, the teacher (the teacher of the web-course just so happened to be from our school) comes up to us and said "I caught you cheating." We all made out like we didn't know it was cheating, since the pages weren't locked, and eventually convinced her that it was a dumb idea not to lock them. In light of the feeling-dumb, she didn't really think it fair to punish us too harshly, but I don't think she was totally convinced that we thought it was okay either. As punishment, she made us do the exam.

Luckily, I have the divine gift of being able to bull**** beautifully about anything and make it sound pretty good, so I got a 97% on the exam.

I guess what I'm saying is, be careful if you're gonna cheat. It could all be some elaborate sting.