My Psych Professor is an idiot (in a good way.)

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/02/2007 12:38 am
Ay my college (community college) they started using this online thing where if the class uses it, you do homework, quizes, exams online at your home. Now, at first I used my book, google, and wikipedia to help me with the first quiz, got a 96. She gives us an hour for 30 questions multiple choice, and 2 tries to take the test (the higher grade takes to cake.)

As I was sitting in class, I realized that after you take the test and submit it, it immeadiatly tells you your grade and my answers vs the correct answers to the test. So I just took another quiz today w/o the help and got a 60, then printed out the correct answers and did the 2nd try. Well, you know the outcome of that, though I did the smart thing and left a few wrong and went with a 93.

The only difference was that some answers were b instead of c, a instead of d and so on. Like seriously, I love my teacher, shes.... not the brightest psychologst, thought I geuss thats why shes teaching at a CC.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/02/2007 1:08 am
That's all well and good but please don't sell yourself short man. Try to learn why the right answers are right! :)
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/02/2007 1:12 am
Yea I know. I do all my homework and study and plan on keep doin that, this just takes off the extra strain. I really need to focus on sociology cause thats what I'm havin trouble in but thats mainly cause the teacher just reads off power points and doesn't do a whole lot of lecturing.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/02/2007 5:50 am
When I took Canadian History over WebCT last year, I got into trouble for that kinda thing. It was the final test of the year, the one saying whether or not we'd be exempt from the exam, and we Greasy Knots found that the pages that contained the answers weren't locked like one would assume them to be. We said to ourselves "we've been good all year, we deserve a little marks-boost." So we got all the right answers and naturally got a few wrong, so as not to seem suspicious.

About an hour later, the teacher (the teacher of the web-course just so happened to be from our school) comes up to us and said "I caught you cheating." We all made out like we didn't know it was cheating, since the pages weren't locked, and eventually convinced her that it was a dumb idea not to lock them. In light of the feeling-dumb, she didn't really think it fair to punish us too harshly, but I don't think she was totally convinced that we thought it was okay either. As punishment, she made us do the exam.

Luckily, I have the divine gift of being able to bull**** beautifully about anything and make it sound pretty good, so I got a 97% on the exam.

I guess what I'm saying is, be careful if you're gonna cheat. It could all be some elaborate sting.
# 4
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/02/2007 6:24 am
Psych is interesting shtuff too. Not that I care if you cheat or not, cuz I'd probably do it myself, but its cool. I took it and enjoyed it muchly. Really made me think.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 5
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
03/02/2007 6:33 am
I love my "History of Rock and Roll" teacher. He is hilarious....he says things like..."and he died of in-the-arm-itis" or "I could move the piano to get the overhead in the middle of the room so you all can see it better but, f*** you guys, get up and move over here if you can't see it." and "the song 'Shakin' All Over' was about getting a blow j**." He is totally eccentric.
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 6
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/02/2007 8:47 am
Yeah, we have WebCT assessments at my uni, but they're pretty clued up about potential cheating - you only get one attempt at each quiz, and the answers pages are locked. Definitely for the best, if you ask me - it wouldn't be fair for the people who don't even turn up to lectures to be getting better marks than the people who actually attend and study hard.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.