What is better PA or .........

strummonster
strummonster
09/23/2001 1:35 am
Hello fellow guitarists, I'ts the strummonster again and I would like to ask you guys about setting up. is it better to mic your amps and run everything through your PA or is it better just to sing out of it and play your guitars just out of there amps. Also, I'm having trouble getting rid of feedback. My room is closed in and the bass guy is doing just fine. any suggestions.
Chris Ponce
# 1
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/23/2001 3:38 am
i dont know jack about sound gear, but as for the feedback, i get quite a bit in my garage. make sure you arent near flourescent lights if possible, or any other electrical devices. Try putting the amp in every position and angle possible and move yourself and point the guitar different directions. Its just trial and error. Sometimes, unnoticable radio frequencies can wreak havoc. The coolest thing I've ever seen was a guy who built a metal cage and put it over his amp, surrounding it. The effect is like a Farraday cage, it blocks out electrical and radio signals pretty well.
"When you're a young, long-haired guitarist, no one takes you seriously." - John Petrucci

www.erikhagen.net
Web - Photo - Audio
# 2
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
09/24/2001 3:45 am
as far as micing amps it all depends on the size of the room. Every amp has a certian volume setting that establishes that sweet sound that we all love, setting the amp too loud or too soft will often sacrifice the tone. What i always do is set my amp up and have a 3rd party wander around the room to see if it needs to be bleeded through the pa. One thing to remember is that if you don't go through the Pa your not going to be in the monitor.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.