View post (Serious accusation)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
01/19/2007 11:00 pm
Originally Posted by: polanskyHe was part of the G3 tour some time ago isnt he?

Yeah he's jammed with the G3 crew a few times!

Oh man... Derek Trucks!!!! Wow. I'm a huge Allman Brothers fan so you can imagine how much I like his stuff. But I have to say being the old school type... I do prefer the original Duane Allman stuff.

Johnny lang has some ridiculous stuff out there! I tend to forget about him.

Haven't herad the Road to Escodido stuff yet... But I plan no getting some of it soon!!

Some others worth mentioning are Eric Gales (covers Jimi Hendrix like no one but SRV can... has some killer solo stuff too) and Eric Johnson (Dire Straits - Cliffs of Dover.....puuuhhh-leeeeeease).

Johnny Lee Hooker... if you like that delta style stuff

Haven't heard much of it... But my friend is a big Aerosmith fan and he's into the solo stuff by Joe Perry.

Pete Townshend

Jeff Beck (he and Rod Stewart recorded the original 'Blues Deluxe') He's a great guitarist for people that are into the virtuoso's like Satch and Vai... he's a good crossover from them to blues... mixes a lot of stuff that they do with blues...... example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RHX2UpgHLs

Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)... they get right to the core of music... stripped down no frill type stuff. It's classic.

ahhhh..... It's strange how the blues can make you so happy.