Serious accusation

polansky
polansky
01/19/2007 1:14 am
Dear GT comunnity:

I would like to address you bout a serious accusation.

Since I read the thread posted by Mr. aschleman on the "Places to Go, Sites to See" forum bout the talented Mr. Joe Bonamassa I just can't get enough of his music.

Mr. aschleman is a Blues Pusher, one of a kind blues pimp, I would strongly suggest be very carefull on the music he recomends, cause it's addictive.

Be affraid... be very affraid, cause you could end like me... buying all the Joe Bonamassa CD's you can get almost at any coast.

Mr. aschleman... I hope you are happy now, cause I've became a Blues Junkie.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 1
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
01/19/2007 1:44 am
I can't remember anymore, but it was this forum which got me addicted to Joe Bonamassa, unfortunately it was after the breakup with my girl so his music has too much memories now, although I'm certain the memories will fade and the music will go on, he's one of the greatest!
= good music is good drinking =
# 2
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
01/19/2007 5:29 am
Aschleman got me into Joe Bonamassa a while ago as well!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
01/19/2007 5:58 am
Haha!! Well I'm glad that you dig my recommendations man!

There's not many things better than a good blues musician pouring it out. I've got a few more up my sleeves but I have to enjoy them thouroughly before I unveil them! haha

Joe Bo is insane.
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/19/2007 6:01 am
Ah, so you guys are almost ready for Roy Buchanan.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/19/2007 1:38 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanHaha!! Well I'm glad that you dig my recommendations man!

There's not many things better than a good blues musician pouring it out. I've got a few more up my sleeves but I have to enjoy them thouroughly before I unveil them! haha

Joe Bo is insane.

I have this instructional DVD that came with a magazine from the U.K. (can't recall the title right now) but it's got a technique conversation and video with Bonamassa. Now, I am a HUGE blues freak and had heard of him before but had not paid much attention. But man, he wails...absolutely wails. One of the most impressive blues axemen I've seen in a long, long, long time.

(RIP SRV...we miss you.)

And oh a monster yes on Roy B.'The Messiah will come again...' still gives me goose bumps.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 6
dvenetian
dvenetian
01/19/2007 3:26 pm
Joe Bo the great, not to mention the guitar endorsment!!!!!
If Blues rippin on a Strat is ypur thing you should check out Henry Garza of Los Lonely Boys. Stevie would be proud......
# 7
aschleman
aschleman
01/19/2007 3:55 pm
Originally Posted by: dvenetianJoe Bo the great, not to mention the guitar endorsment!!!!!
If Blues rippin on a Strat is ypur thing you should check out Henry Garza of Los Lonely Boys. Stevie would be proud......

Yeah, that guy can grind. Their music has a lot of pop influence but it's still good stuff! I prefer John Mayer Trio to Los Lonely Boys though... Not sure why... John Mayer can build a pretty good groove when he's not swooning every lady on Earth.

I've been listening to a lot of Gov't Mule... Warren Haynes hits the spot most days. Also Kenny Wayne Shepherd has some good blues tracks... his rendition of Midnight Rider is pretty killer. Speaking of Midnight Rider...... Allman Brothers got some killer stuff if you like jam bands... The slide work is unbelievable!!! Speaking of slide work... check out Eric Sardinas. He takes the old school Delta blues and twists it into a pretzel... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnwF_qe3bpQ
# 8
polansky
polansky
01/19/2007 7:59 pm
Originally Posted by: aschleman Also Kenny Wayne Shepherd has some good blues tracks... his rendition of Midnight Rider is pretty killer. ]

He was part of the G3 tour some time ago isnt he?
# 9
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/19/2007 8:24 pm
Originally Posted by: polanskyHe was part of the G3 tour some time ago isnt he?

Johnny Lang can tear it up pretty well as a blues player. I still get all weirded out listening to the old school blues guys. Hubert Sumlin, Muddy, Guitar Shorty, Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown, Eddie 'Clean Head' Vinson (always popular with those of us with benuded pates... :o, the Kings (Albert, Freddie and B.B.)

Oh the list is long and distinguished!
# 10
dvenetian
dvenetian
01/19/2007 8:49 pm
Originally Posted by: aschleman Speaking of Midnight Rider...... Allman Brothers got some killer stuff if you like jam bands... The slide work is unbelievable!!! Speaking of slide work... check out Eric Sardinas. He takes the old school Delta blues and twists it into a pretzel... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnwF_qe3bpQ

Derek Trucks is one of the best slide shredders there is, for sure!!!!
Sardinas ripppppps!!!!
Have you had a chance to hear the latest album that Clapton and JJ Cale put out called "The Road To Escondido"? If you haven't been so lucky, check out the song "Ride the River". It could be one of the best songs ever written!!!
Perfect as perfect gets when it comes to choosing tempo and order of progressions, all the way down to the effects. Hook, Line and Sinker.
Funny thing, Eric Sardinas has a song called "Goin' to the River".
# 11
strat-man
strat-man
01/19/2007 10:29 pm
All this talk of strats and blues, i'm off to find me some Joe Bo :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 12
aschleman
aschleman
01/19/2007 11:00 pm
Originally Posted by: polanskyHe was part of the G3 tour some time ago isnt he?

Yeah he's jammed with the G3 crew a few times!

Oh man... Derek Trucks!!!! Wow. I'm a huge Allman Brothers fan so you can imagine how much I like his stuff. But I have to say being the old school type... I do prefer the original Duane Allman stuff.

Johnny lang has some ridiculous stuff out there! I tend to forget about him.

Haven't herad the Road to Escodido stuff yet... But I plan no getting some of it soon!!

Some others worth mentioning are Eric Gales (covers Jimi Hendrix like no one but SRV can... has some killer solo stuff too) and Eric Johnson (Dire Straits - Cliffs of Dover.....puuuhhh-leeeeeease).

Johnny Lee Hooker... if you like that delta style stuff

Haven't heard much of it... But my friend is a big Aerosmith fan and he's into the solo stuff by Joe Perry.

Pete Townshend

Jeff Beck (he and Rod Stewart recorded the original 'Blues Deluxe') He's a great guitarist for people that are into the virtuoso's like Satch and Vai... he's a good crossover from them to blues... mixes a lot of stuff that they do with blues...... example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RHX2UpgHLs

Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)... they get right to the core of music... stripped down no frill type stuff. It's classic.

ahhhh..... It's strange how the blues can make you so happy.
# 13
polansky
polansky
01/20/2007 2:06 am
And what bout (not as classic but he's cool too) Mark Knopfler...? he has some pretty tastefull stuff, pretty mellow.
# 14
aschleman
aschleman
01/20/2007 2:20 am
Originally Posted by: polanskyAnd what bout (not as classic but he's cool too) Mark Knopfler...? he has some pretty tastefull stuff, pretty mellow.

Yeah, he does have some good stuff... If you want a list of good blues players... go check out the Fender site... anyone with a Signature Stratocaster has got it goin on. hahaha
# 15
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/20/2007 5:59 am
Originally Posted by: aschleman
ahhhh..... It's strange how the blues can make you so happy.

That's the magic of the blues! :D
# 16
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
01/20/2007 7:30 am
Man, that Jeff Beck vid was awesome. Kinda opened my eyes a bit in the sense that he never onced shredded during that solo, yet I was till dumbfounded. Great stuff. I want a Strat now after watching Jo Bo and Jeff. (a good strat at least, though I have a squire)
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 17
aschleman
aschleman
01/21/2007 8:09 am
I'll send some love to the Les Paul players out there......

Warren Haynes has long been one of my fav LP-toters. I put him in a class with BB King... he won't shred... but he'll put more emotion in one note than most put in a whole song... It just oozes out of his LP!!! I love this version of an Allman Brothers classic.... "Soulshine" http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fjb3tWTWERM
# 18
dvenetian
dvenetian
01/23/2007 1:16 pm
Originally Posted by: grizzlymint I want a Strat now after watching Jo Bo and Jeff. (a good strat at least, though I have a squire)

If you like Jo Bo, the guitar you want to check out is his signature series by Gigliotti. They're insane!!!!!!!
gigliottiguitars.com
# 19
aschleman
aschleman
01/23/2007 2:37 pm
Originally Posted by: dvenetianIf you like Jo Bo, the guitar you want to check out is his signature series by Gigliotti. They're insane!!!!!!!
gigliottiguitars.com

Those guitars ARE killer. I played one at Sam Ash in Indianapolis... the finish is pretty cool. Too flashy for me though.... They're not really his signature guitar per-se. He just endorses them. All the times I've seen him live I've seen him play his sparkle Strat, an Eric Clapton Strat, and a Gibson LP more than I've seen him play either the strat version or the tele version of the Gigliotti... They're still kick ass guitars though.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.