Amp Output

Drew77
Drew77
01/03/2007 6:54 pm
Hey, I have a VK112 (peavey) and I want to know f I can use the external speaker output to record. I just got a firewire solo and want to start recording but I really can;t get any decent tones with software. thats all, I just want to see if its too hot or something and will fry my interface if I try to put it through there. I dont even know if thats possible but I want to make sure I am not going to screw anything up. Thanks.
# 1
WrigglerUk
WrigglerUk
01/05/2007 7:04 pm
I think it would mean your firewire interface would do exactly that! The external speaker connection is for using another speaker cabinet with your amp - it would be the full output, not a headphone level output.
Can you play "Far Far Away?"

Yes - how far would you like?
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/06/2007 1:50 am
You should either use a microphone in front of your speaker, or use an attenuator to reduce the speaker-level signal from the extra jack down to a line-level signal that your recorder can handle.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Bluegrasslimey
Bluegrasslimey
01/13/2007 8:00 am
Originally Posted by: Drew77Hey, I have a VK112 (peavey) and I want to know f I can use the external speaker output to record. I just got a firewire solo and want to start recording but I really can;t get any decent tones with software. thats all, I just want to see if its too hot or something and will fry my interface if I try to put it through there. I dont even know if thats possible but I want to make sure I am not going to screw anything up. Thanks.

No No No, definitely don't do that or it go boom. The basic problem with tone stems from the signal from out to in. Digitec got around this with the GNX series by using usb interface straight from the unit. Great tone all the time just adjust the input volume and then play to your hearts content.
:eek: [FONT=Century Gothic]Just groove, ya know ya wanna?????[/FONT] :eek:
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.