View post (help with set list)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
01/03/2007 8:07 pm
Cover Me - Candlebox
Send The Pain Below - Chevelle
Sober - Tool (see Staind acoustic version)
Fell On Black Days - Soundgarden
Rooster, Down in a Hole, Them Bones, Angry Chair, Nutshell, Brother... etc - Alice In Chains
Stillborn - Black Label Society (See Zakk's acoustic version....)
Hoochie Coochie Man - Any of the millions of versions
Crossroads - Cream
Wasteland - 10 years (see their acoustic version)

A few songs that I like to play when the crowd gets bored... and mostly for fun... at mostly my cost of embarrassment... It's fun though...

Dancing With Tears In Our Eyes - Damien Rice (just listen to the song to see why it's so funny........ very 80's-ish)
Time After Time - Whoever sang it... I think cindy Lauper... Very funny song to do at a party... and always gets the crowd going...
Total Eclipse of the Heart - Whoever sang it... I do "The Dan Band" Version.... with cuzz words...
Don't Stop Believing - Journey... gets'em going everytime... especially the ladies...

When I saw the Foo Fighters acoustic show at The Roosevelt Theater in Chicago Dave talked about the first acoustic song he'd ever written and how it was about Kris and Kurt.... When he was telling the story of how he met Kurt and how he came about writing the song I got chills... Definitely one of the most powerful moments I've witnessed at a concert... and I don't like Kurt Cobain that much... But the sheer history of what he was speaking of stuck with me... The song is called "Friend of a Friend" and I play that quite a bit too... I awlays explain to the crowd what the song means and who it's baout and that seems to peak the interest of quite a bit of people... I try to recreate that moment that I got chills for the crowd the best I can...

There's some songs that I like to throw into my sets...