View post (I had a dream...)

View thread

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/28/2006 10:10 pm
dude, thats a cool dream! I actually want to end up building and designing effects pedals and amplifiers for a living...I am currently about to start my second year studying a Batchelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, however my first year was spent mostly studying math, physics and physics of motion...although I did one circuits course, the general consensus is that first year electrical students arent taught anything real about circuits...just the absolute basics...

I have learnt alot more about circuits and the applications of various components by just building pedals, the schematics for which I found online...

It's really fun Aschleman...I suggest you do it...there's just something really cool about plugging into a little box you made and having sound actually come out the other end.
It is hard, and you wont get it right first try...but it gets easier once you've done your first one.

Dude, check out www.zvexpedals.com for some inspiration (not for ideas of what to build, but for a level towards which to aim...Zach Vex builds some insane pedals...I'm about to order the wah probe)
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]