I had a dream...

aschleman
aschleman
12/28/2006 2:15 pm
Andrew Sa recently made a thread in the Tech Talk section about where to find some books about building pedals... This is something that I've been considering for quite sometime as well.... So I researched a lot on the subject yesterday and priced a lot of components and found some suppliers and such and thought about what specific pedals I would want to build pretty much all day while I was at work... I then went home and played guitar all night, drank some beer, and finally went to sleep.... and I dreamt

In the dream I was getting ready to build my first pedal and of course I told everyone on here about it and documented my build.... When I was finished I put some sound samples up and everyone was so impressed I started getting requests from you fellow GT'ers for your very own Aschleman pedals... So I hand built each one of them... eventually naming them the line of "GuitarTricks" pedals....... Then the dream warped ahead a bit and GuitarTricks pedals were a household guitar effects name and you all were part of the business....... We turned a small pedal project into a multi million dollar corporation... We all had our own rooms with studio equipment and resaerch equipment where we tried out our pedals and told the engineers what we wanted and so forht.... It was pretty crazy........... I better get started building those pedals....
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
12/28/2006 2:22 pm
Pretty impressive dream!

Mine usually center around tiny people on unicycles juggling fish...don't ask. Even my therapist won't touch those. :D
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
12/28/2006 3:02 pm
How much Capital do I need to Invest?? :D
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
12/28/2006 4:27 pm
I had a weird and vivid dream the other night, but it wouldn't be as funny to you guys because it involves friends of mine you don't know.
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/28/2006 6:06 pm
Riiiiiiight! :cool: Engineering test samples, please. :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
12/28/2006 6:22 pm
ive always imagined GT branded picks... :rolleyes:

i think we have sufficient experts on board to build stuff and mass produce...people like me can spread the word... :D
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 6
strat-man
strat-man
12/28/2006 9:58 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanAndrew Sa recently made a thread in the Tech Talk section about where to find some books about building pedals... This is something that I've been considering for quite sometime as well.... So I researched a lot on the subject yesterday and priced a lot of components and found some suppliers and such and thought about what specific pedals I would want to build pretty much all day while I was at work... I then went home and played guitar all night, drank some beer, and finally went to sleep.... and I dreamt

In the dream I was getting ready to build my first pedal and of course I told everyone on here about it and documented my build.... When I was finished I put some sound samples up and everyone was so impressed I started getting requests from you fellow GT'ers for your very own Aschleman pedals... So I hand built each one of them... eventually naming them the line of "GuitarTricks" pedals....... Then the dream warped ahead a bit and GuitarTricks pedals were a household guitar effects name and you all were part of the business....... We turned a small pedal project into a multi million dollar corporation... We all had our own rooms with studio equipment and resaerch equipment where we tried out our pedals and told the engineers what we wanted and so forht.... It was pretty crazy........... I better get started building those pedals....

Dude, you really should get out more :D :D (No offence intended)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 7
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/28/2006 10:10 pm
dude, thats a cool dream! I actually want to end up building and designing effects pedals and amplifiers for a living...I am currently about to start my second year studying a Batchelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, however my first year was spent mostly studying math, physics and physics of motion...although I did one circuits course, the general consensus is that first year electrical students arent taught anything real about circuits...just the absolute basics...

I have learnt alot more about circuits and the applications of various components by just building pedals, the schematics for which I found online...

It's really fun Aschleman...I suggest you do it...there's just something really cool about plugging into a little box you made and having sound actually come out the other end.
It is hard, and you wont get it right first try...but it gets easier once you've done your first one.

Dude, check out www.zvexpedals.com for some inspiration (not for ideas of what to build, but for a level towards which to aim...Zach Vex builds some insane pedals...I'm about to order the wah probe)
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 8
aschleman
aschleman
12/28/2006 11:41 pm
That's cool that you're going into engineering... I'm a senior ME (Mechanical Enginering) student... should be finishing up soon... It was the same for ME's. I didn't get into a lot of mechanical design work until about the end of my second year.

I am definitely going to build a tubescreamer sometime soon. I also want to work on building preamps.
# 9
earthman buck
earthman buck
12/29/2006 7:11 am
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaDude, check out www.zvexpedals.com for some inspiration (not for ideas of what to build, but for a level towards which to aim...Zach Vex builds some insane pedals...I'm about to order the wah probe)

I've been wanting the Fuzz Factory pedal for ages.

Another cool site of neat and highly imaginative music gadgets: www.anti-theory.com/bentsound/. (The link goes directly to the sound samples, but check out all the other stuff on the site. Very neat.)
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.