notes

Luke_16
Luke_16
08/30/2001 8:59 pm
hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone out there has a chart that will show me what frets are what power chords, and if they're different, I'd like it for bar chords and normal notes too, I don't read music too well, so I never really learned the names of anything but standard chords....... i know the bar chord on the E string that is on the first fret is F, but after that I'm clueless, so can someone help me out?

thanx
later,
Luke
# 1
blackrose
blackrose
09/02/2001 6:12 pm
check out the posts here on power chords
check out the lessons at wholenote.com
check out the lessons at cyberfret.com
if you want to know how to do something all you have to do is take advantage of the internet. it makes life so much simpler.
# 2
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/08/2001 1:09 pm
I really think you should sit down and try to learn the notes because you will appreciate it later.
If you know the notes, you can find the powerchords, the chords and the solos and so on so I think you should do that.

Good luck / MC
# 3
skee1
High Bandwidth
skee1
High Bandwidth
09/08/2001 5:29 pm
Luke_16

You have brought up a good question about the notes,
on the guitar.This is about the third or forth question,
i've seen on guitar-tricks about learning the notes on,
guitar....................
If no-one puts it up on guitar-tricks!
When i get the time i'll will post it in layman terms,
on guitar-tricks useing the A String ABC or the low E ECT.
This should be one of the first things you learn when,
starting out on guitar.
This can also be learnt by useing your index finger,
on Bar Chords power chords F5 ect, as a guide for learning,
the notes on the guitar.
When i started out i learnt the notes from playing bar,
chords power chords before i ever really got into heavy,
thoery or reading music this was a life saver for me.

Mark

P:S This should be posted in beginner guitar on Guitar-Tricks.I don't really think beginners that ask this,
question should have to go to another site just to learn,
the basic chromatic scale for learning the notes on thier,
Guitar,plus half steps whole steps explained in layman terms.

[Edited by skee1 on 09-14-2001 at 04:53 PM]
yours truly Mark Toman
# 4
skee1
High Bandwidth
skee1
High Bandwidth
09/14/2001 8:40 pm
Note: From memory just learn Closed Notes on Low E string first F G A B C D E, learn your whole steps first then learn half steps later this might be easier for some who's just starting out.

Chromatic scale ->open->E F F#-Gb G G#-Ab A A#-Bb B C C#-Db D D#-Eb E ) If you move up the fret board F to G that would be a whole step=2 frets. If you move down the fret board G to Gb that would be a half step=1 fret. Note:There is no B# or E# but there is a E# used in a certain key.Now when you close the note on the A String First Fret its an A# note try to think this way also on the DGBE Strings by just using #sharps going up the fret board.Remember what i said obove about there is no E# OR B# so when you close the note on the first fret B string it will be a C note and when you close the note on the High E string it will be an F note.Now if you have the notes on the Low E Sting Memorized you now know all the notes on the guitar.Note:So going up the fret board were useing Sharps=# going down the fretboard toward the nut were useing Flats=b Now you can also use Partial Bar chords or power chords to learn the note's on the low E string plus the A string. Example:Bar the low E and A string at the first fret useing your index finger, then place your third finger on the A String at the third fret.Now we have an F partial bar chord or a F Power chord which is a moveable position.Now if we bar the A and D Strings useing the index finger plus third finger on the D string at the third fret we have a Bb partial bar chord plus power chord, which is also a moveable position Now we can use are index finger as a guide for finding the root notes plus keys on the Low E plus A string when useing these partial bar chords power ect To make the F partial bar chord a F5 power chord we would just add the 4th=pinky to D String third fret,to make the Bb partial bar chord a Bb5 power chord we would add the pinky to the third fret G String also we don't have to cover two strings when makeing the F5 or Bb5 chords with the index finger we can just cover the low E for the f5 and the A string for the Bb5.

Mark
Most teachers use the A STRING to teach this i've had,
better luck useing the low E because most of my younger,
students use alot of power chords plus aready know a few,
F5 Power chords from reading Tabs.ect
This is just a crash course on the notes on learning the,
notes on the guitar.............

[Edited by skee1 on 09-14-2001 at 04:50 PM]
yours truly Mark Toman
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.