hybrid picking

Wide
Wide
08/25/2001 7:49 pm
Is anyone of you out there like me? I once learned hybrid picking (pick/fingers- I'm a country picker!) and I now I don't play normal alternate picking no more. Even when I (try) playing that metal stuff, my fingers kinda automatically get in, picking the strings. But I really don't see anything bad about it.....except that almost everything i play sounds country... :)
# 1
skee1
High Bandwidth
skee1
High Bandwidth
08/28/2001 9:15 pm
Originally posted by Wide
Is anyone of you out there like me? I once learned hybrid picking (pick/fingers- I'm a country picker!) and I now I don't play normal alternate picking no more. Even when I (try) playing that metal stuff, my fingers kinda automatically get in, picking the strings. But I really don't see anything bad about it.....except that almost everything i play sounds country... :)

Wide you might try adding some new tec's like useing,
Arpeggio's plus raking to your style plus blue's Bends.
Try giving your country licks a jazz blues feel.
Also try some other scale modes this will change your,
country sound.

Mark
P:s if you play out of a minor key your not going to sound,
country,if you use some heavy Blues bending tec's.

[Edited by skee1 on 08-29-2001 at 02:48 AM]
yours truly Mark Toman
# 2
emmanuel79
emmanuel79
08/29/2001 6:07 am
Yo wide, I've had this situation before. Well, I used to play blues, then rock then classical then to jazz. Well, switching from what you can play now to another style of music is really a challenge. This is actually a psychological issue. You must start from listening, and that means listen to a lot music, say 'metal', listen to how the scales and chord progressions go, the timing and tempo, the tone of the guitar, the attack of the songs,... the idea is to have the example of sounds in mind and how to make it parallel the time you are playing your guitar. You know hybrid picking and that is one good advantageous for rock or blues guitarist. But, be prepared, for metal, you will be less using hybrid picking. To remind you, this won't take short time and be prepared of holding your guitar for hours playing metal stuff again and again until you get the picture of the concept of the music. Not just for metal, but also others. It is like, you use to speak english but it takes time to learn other language but soon you will be fluent with more practice and mental adjustments. Oh, and don't forget about the accent of the langguage which represe
*Aliens Understand Music*
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.