View post (Sappy love song... blah...)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
07/27/2006 11:12 am
Thanks for all the comments guys! Maybe I'll take this one into the studio sometime soon... Maybe I'll quit being lazy and post some of my songs on the net so you all can check them out...

But thanks again! There's still a few lines that bug me... Atleast I have the flow of the song down though. Here's some of the minor changes...

I've changed "Gives what we need to walk on" to "It's what we need to walk on" I like it better without the repeated "Gives"

I've changed "two things don't fit till they fall in love" to "Two things don't fit till they've fallen in love" The extra syllable actually flows better.

I've changed "tell me that it's funny" to "things have changed just because". It seems to work better with the rhymes as well as give more of that flow that I was looking for...

I also tried it with a few drum beats last night. I laid down a pretty nice one with a djembe drum to keep the sound really simple... and I added a breakdown to the end of the song... after the "as long as there's love every little thing is gonna be alright" part I up the tempo a little bit and added a little jam part. I think I'm going to leave that part just for when I play it live though... we'll see.