-Cd input/Output/headphone jack included
-Decent clean channel at medium volumes
-Loud for a 15W
-Nice blues clean crunk when clean channel is cranked
-Tough and sturdy
-Fits in a locker ;)

Cons
-Sound crumbles at high volume
-No footswitch (but you can't really expect one on a 15W anyway)
-Line out sound and headphone jacks sound like crap (but such can be expected as the speaker is eliminated)
-Reverb could be better

Review
I have owned this amp for a few years and have yet to find one in the same class that i appreciate just as much. The overdrive channel is amazing imho for the wattage. This won't quite cut above drums, but it is loud for it's size. It has been kicked around and dropped and has held up great through the years.

Summary
For the price range I would definately reccomend this amp to any beginner to anyone who wants something to practise with. Props to Jim and the gang for creating an affordable practise amp for us.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 1
kennyp46
kennyp46
07/03/2006 1:53 am
Right now it's on sale for 139.99 on Musician Friend
...don't criticize what you can't understand. Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command. Your old road is rapidly agin'.
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/03/2006 12:50 pm
I just sold a Marshall micro-stack which had essentially the same guts.

It looked small next to my TSL100/4x12 but sounded great considering the price (it was 10 x cheaper !).

I agree wholeheartedly about not having a foot switch to change channels. I used to use a stomp box. Worked well but just not quite the same.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/03/2006 3:00 pm
I use to have the mg10cd. It was the little one with the 6.5" speaker. I can definitely vouch for it's massive tone for such small amps.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4

10/19/2013 8:31 pm
I love my blackstar ht5rw,but not for a practice amp,so I am thinking I am gonna return it for one watt so I can crank those tubes.,but the the thing is I got such a good price on it I only paid $353 for my bs ht5rw .so maybe I'll keep it and buy the one watt,but I don't no if they will give me 30 present off on another amp.
# 5
IzzyPhoreal
IzzyPhoreal
10/21/2013 12:57 pm
I own an MG30, and I use it as my living room amp. Set the contour of the dirty channel completely counter-clockwise, the channel volume to 9 o-clock, and you have a lovely blues tone on the edge of distortion.

Only con I see with this amp is how the effects are laid out. You cannot combine them, only use them one at a time. They could have at least put the reverb separately as they did in the MG100.

All in all, not a bad amp for its price. Easy to carry around for house parties too.

Izzy
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.