live "weird sounds"

armGETaTITon
armGETaTITon
06/17/2006 12:23 pm
hey im wondering how can i do those lil screechy sound and like echoes effect on your guitar while playing it live.. im sure theyure not using any effects to do that sound hmm?
# 1
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
06/17/2006 1:19 pm
IF it is not harmonics or WB dives, Echo, Delay or loops pedals.

Then try this for fun.."the poor mans version" :cool: ... Go dirty on your amp, push the gain full and add about 1 heapin' table spoon of more volume, and reverb full, if you have chorus use it.

Turn your GTR up all the way now play power chords notes or just let the strings be. You'll start to get feed back -- high schreechy sounds-- play around with the feed back walk closer to the amp walk away, move you chord positions woth out picking the strings.

"Tap" you GTR in different places on the body and see how the reverb turns your git -fiddle into more of a percusssive instrument.

Tap is really to soft of a word. More like hit it with the heel of your hand for starters. Then play around with different areas and ways of hitting.

Have fun and experiment
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]
# 2
pure
pure
06/17/2006 4:22 pm
vai has all of life's answers.

http://vai.com/LittleBlackDots/84/weird_noises.html

for some of the techniques like #12 you're gonna need some common sense... cause you can't play live without all your strings. inless you're some virtuoso who can play the same note on 20 different places on command.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.