View post (Any other good metal bands out there?)

View thread

BLS33
BLS33
06/18/2006 11:40 pm
CW 14 had alot of good bands in his list but he also had alot of bands that arent metal and are metalcore and nu metal which are crappy genres IMO, as I lay dying arent metal slipknot isnt metal, trivium isnt metal, cradle of filth and killswitch arent metal either as well as between the buried and me. But there are alot of good metal bands in that list, nevermore (if you dont mind lots of sweeping) amon amarth is good, then all the classic metal, maiden, sabbath, priest and so on..

Iced earth is a great band, glad to hear that you listen to them. there new stuff is pretty good but the albums with matt barlow are the best

I obviously am a big Black Label Society fan so i definetly suggest them although alot of ppl dislike zakk wylde i think he is an amazing musician

I agree you might want to check out some prog metal like dream theater John Pretucci is a god

i could write a gigantic list but go here http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292018 that is a great list of metal bands (dont mean to plug another forum its just a great list)