View post (Whos watching Green vs Mundine?)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
05/17/2006 6:17 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraBah! Take all them pads off and play it properly!

I would disagree... but it would just cause an argument... alls I can say is... if you've never played American Football at a competitive level, you have no idea... I've played rugby many times on Purdue campus with a few Aussies that are there for engineering... I still think US Football is way more painful... Next time you get a free moment... blind fold your self and put ear plugs in....stand in your front yard... tell a friend to run at full speed and tackle you... but tell him not to let you know putting his shoulder directly into your side.I guarantee that he’ll get what’s called a stinger in his shoulder (a severe muscle cramp) and you’ll get your bell rung too. You’ll both be soar for a few days…. If you do it right. That’s just one play that happens often in US Football… that simulates a Quarterback sitting back in the pocket looking for a wide receiver when a 6’7” 280 lb defensive end comes running at full speed and hits him when he’s looking the other direction… and because of the noise of the crowd… he can’t hear him coming… US Football in no way is for sissys…. Rugby is cool though. I find that I still prefer US football… the rules are all messed up in rugby… and I don’t like scrumming…