Bend probs.

PowerChordWiz
PowerChordWiz
04/17/2006 3:36 am
I have a slight problem when I do bending. Whenever I bend a string up, and I have to bend other strings with it, and I release the string the other strings come out from under my finger and they start sounding. Could anyone give me some tips on how to eliminate this problem?
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
04/17/2006 12:24 pm
It sounds like an experience thing... It's something that will probably come with practice. I'm not sure EXACTLY what you're talking about but I'm sure I have a good idea... So just practice it slowly... and try to speed your movements up gradually. If you find yourself sound the unwanted strings at any point back it up and try it a little slower. Work gradually up to normal speed until you can do it clean.
# 2
pure
pure
04/17/2006 1:55 pm
Originally Posted by: PowerChordWizI have a slight problem when I do bending. Whenever I bend a string up, and I have to bend other strings with it, and I release the string the other strings come out from under my finger and they start sounding. Could anyone give me some tips on how to eliminate this problem?

i know what youre takling about. this used to happen to me. problm: when you bend upwards, your fingers reach the adjacent strings, bending those strings as well as the string you're sounding, and when you release, they slip from under your finger and make a noise.

solution 1: if you can, try to keep the adjacent strings away from the bottom of your finger. they have to stay on the side of your finger. if they go on top of your nail then they will sound when they come down.

solution 2: if you cant keep the adjacent string to the side of your finger then your string action is too low. raise it a little.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
04/17/2006 2:05 pm
Oh, I see now... the last reply made it a little more clear....

Try to use a combination of palm muting while you're bending... Mute the strings above the one that you want to sound. Either that or use a finger from your fret hand to lay across the strings as you bend. This will keep them from ringing when you release the bend...
# 4
Kole_Music
Kole_Music
04/17/2006 6:37 pm
Also, try muting the other strings you are not bending, with the palm of your picking hand. I do this and it solves the problem.
-Kole (Kyle Hicks)
http://www.KoleMusician.com
http://www.myspace.com/kolemusic

Composer, Guitarist, Instructor.
# 5
pure
pure
04/17/2006 7:33 pm
Originally Posted by: Kole_MusicAlso, try muting the other strings you are not bending, with the palm of your picking hand. I do this and it solves the problem.

thats what he said
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.