Acoustic WIP

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/04/2006 3:18 am
Here's an acoustic bit that's still a work in progress, but I thought I'd go ahead and share it with ya'll. The lead was just something a pretty much improvised, so nothing very special there. I was just trying to do something kinda melodic to go along with the other parts. It's pretty rough, as I didn't spend much time on it, but you'll get an idea of the direction I'm going.

I'd appreciate any comments, criticism, praise, suggestions, etc...

"All My Life".... Yes, it's a link to Soundclick, but directly to the song, so all you have to do is click hi-fi or lo-fi.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
04/04/2006 6:06 am
Sounding great for a rough first recording! :cool: It's a good chord progression, perfect for some gruff Mark Knopfler style vocals. The guitar tone is excellent. I think the lead part came in a bit too early, perhaps, but other than that, I suggest leaving it more or less as it is and building on it, because it's very good. Nice job.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
04/04/2006 2:25 pm
I really do like the progression, if you were to put vox in there and work the leads around it, this would be sweet!! I can't pick chords to save my self. Nice job!
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/04/2006 2:37 pm
Thanks! I'm working on writing some lyrics for it, but that is a very slow process for me, since I'm horrible at it. The "lead" was pretty much just me goofing off, and will actually be written and arranged when the time comes. Thanks for the comments!

All total there are 4 guitar tracks and 1 bass track (regular acoustic pitch shifted down an octave). The right and left track are playing the same thing (picking the notes of the chords), but the left track has some chorus and reverb added. The center rythm track is just strumming the chords until the "chorus" where it starts to pick the notes and the left and right guitars strum. For the final take, I'll probably use my other acoustic along with this one, and possibly my 12-string (depends on how it fits with everything else). I think it will sound much better once I mic the guitars rather than just plugging straight in.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.