1) Turn on your drum machine.
2) Set it to play a fast rock beat.
3) Plug in your guitar and give it some drive.
4) Pick a key, and pick three or four chords.
5) Play around with them, experimenting with different rhythmic devices. It often helps to use the drum pattern as an idea for your rhythm.
The rest will fall into place. :) That's the beauty of punk - the foundation is simple, and you can elaborate on it as much or as little as you like. If you want to give it a Franz Ferdinand feel, you might try slowing down the beat a tad, and throwing in one or two funky substitute chords and pithy lead breaks.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong
If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.
l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>