Simple question

PowerChordWiz
PowerChordWiz
03/04/2006 5:54 am
I feel really stupid asking this, but I notice that when I see other people performing, that they have their cable around the side of thier guitar and behind them. I was just wondering what the purpose of that is, and where do you hook up your cable to go behind you.
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/04/2006 7:13 am
basically, put your guitar on normally, wearing a strap, without a cable plugged in.. now, when you take your cable, come from behind you, and put it through that space between your stap and your body above your guitar, then plug it in, it should be looped back.

I'm sorry, I'm terrible at explaining that.. the purpose? it looks cool, and if you accidentally step on your cable while on stage it won't yank the cable out of it's socket

it's hard to find a picture on this.. anyways, you can kinda see, it's just looping the cable back through the strap.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
Vegas Wierdo
Vegas Wierdo
03/04/2006 7:26 am
When I first started out on bass, my instructor (well... sort of... more like a semi-pro who sold me my first bass and showed me how not to get arthritis or carpal tunnel, along with a few other odds-and-ends that not enough people know) told me to do that because when you're on stage rockin' out and gettin' down... nothing kills it quite like the plug popping out of the socket.

I myself always thought the other way looked cooler. But I've always followed his advice. He also showed me to wear my bass high on my belly like an anal professional ;) :cool: rather than down low by my hip/thigh like some wannabe rock star (because you'll have to be a real rock star to afford the surgery!).
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/04/2006 6:59 pm
Many big bands use wireless units that are cliped on their belt or on their strap on the back. But I doubt any local show or ect. would have them, its like they how ^^they^^ explained it.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.