View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/06/2006 5:59 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyCryptic let me ask you something. Why would I or should I take into account somebody elses relgion or why would I need to "respect" their religion if I actually believe my own? Step into my shoes for a second. Would you go around contradicting your own beliefs so nobody gets offended. I base my "assumptions" on the fact that there is prophecies in the Bible taking place before our eyes today, there is no legitimate theory to life other than a creator, and I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins. These "assumptions" you speak of are based on some pretty strong information. [/QUOTE]
Well, here's the thing. We live in the USA, where we all have the freedom to hold our own beliefs. So there's no law forcing you to. On the other hand, doesn't the Bible you adhere to tell you that you should "love thy neighbor"? That alone sounds like a contradiction against your religion. I mean, your neighbor isn't you after all, so he's going to have his own beliefs. So the Bible basically says see past that and love your neighbor all the same, even if he's going to hell. Are you ready to love the devil's meat? And your assumptions are based on your interpretation of the Bible, which is literally based around faith, not fact. Therefore it cannot be strong information. It's faith. And that's fine. I'm not attacking you for your beliefs, but there's a big difference between fact and faith. Fact is anything that can be proven true or false. Faith is the belief in the impossible. God and all the Bible preaches are impossible, yet people believe it. That is faith. "Strong information" is beating around the bush when trying to say fact.
Originally Posted by: stackny
Would I like to be told by the guy next to me that Im going to hell cuz I dont believe what he believes? I dont care. Thats what the Muslims think isnt it? Think it bothers me if my buddy Mohammed tells me Im going to hell? Not one bit, because I believe hes wrong.

If you don't mind, could you get off the anti-Muslim binge? I wasn't referring to them and you've missed the point I was going after. The point I was getting at is that it's not fun nor is it nice to be told that you're going to hell because the tradition that's been followed in your family is wrong. Would your God like it very much if he knew you were looking at people and thinking "Oh now he's got a one way ticket to hell"? I'm sure he wouldn't. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it that kind of attitude that gets people their own ride to hell? According to the Bible anyway.
[QUOTE=stackny]
The only debate Ill admit to having no legitimate point at all in was the one where I stated I think people should speak english in the US. I dont think Ive contradicted myself at all. Im on the defense because of your questions, not because Ive contradicted myself.
I would rebuttle that, but we're already in a debate and I think that one at a time is plenty.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.