View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

Gaddy
Gaddy
03/06/2006 4:32 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyAnybody who takes music to the level of Lamb of God, probably needs to be shot in the head. But thats just my opinion. Its like, lighten the hell up.

They should also remember they are heard by impressionable young men, like our own Nate. Joy Division had pretty much the same effect around 20 years ago. It may be that I'm older now, but artists do kinda have a duty of care to their target audience, and listeners should remember, they make a LOT of money through being provocative. They'd have been just as shocked by Nate's original post as we were, and I'll bet any money the Lamb of God guys love their mum's just like everyone else does.
Take it for what it is, just expression, and their OWN thoughts, don't read it as the gospel, or you will be screwed up. Personally, I too think they're garbage, but that's just my own opinion. Many people don't rate 'The Fall' as a band, but I love Mark E. Smiths lyrics.
If we all liked the same thing, there'd only be one album in the world. How boring would that be? ;)
[FONT=Garamond]Steve Gad[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]You may hear me upstairs, stamping my feet and kicking the furniture. That's just me 'warming up!'[/FONT]