View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
03/03/2006 4:39 pm
welcome to the suck, dude. ive had to work, go to high school and college at the same time, make room for my evolving band that im putting tons of effort into, spending time with my girlfriend, and having to deal with DAILY **** from my fifteen-year old brother that, for some odd reason, thinks its perfectly okay to mess up our family and waste the little money we have on juvinal hall fees and lawyers. so much stress sometiems i just want to shut down, but you gotta keep going man. its no biggie in the long run. i consider myself a pretty indipendent person, and that makes it harder because not relying on people can cause so many more problems when you could be having an easier time with someone helping out. look at it like this. when youre twenty-something and youve had to deal with the hectic life of school to college to studying to sleep and repeat, you now have higher tolerances for the crap later on. so when you see people going crazy becuase they have so much "work" to do, you can laugh becuase the **** you handled when you where a TEENAGER was harder than that crap. gotta put it in perspective. i went to bootcamp for a few months with some marine DI's, and if that doesnt make you love having youre freedom then nothing will. now when people bitch about being so oppressed by their parents or teachers or bosses, i just kindof have to crack a grin and go "you dont even know, dude." its a good position to be in, even though it doesnt seem like it now.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE