View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/03/2006 8:37 am
6strngs (man, it's times like these that I wish I knew your first name), I have anxiety-related depression, and I know I'm definitely not the only one - about 15% of all people our age are going through what you're going through. There have certainly been times when I've wished I could just die - it may sound hard to believe, but I know exactly how you feel. I'm not the most sensitive monkey in the jungle, and I don't have a psychiatrist's qualifications, but I do know that suicidal thoughts arise when the pain you experience gets too intense for you. When you wish to kill yourself, you are seeking relief from this pain - but remember, relief is a feeling, and you don't feel anything when you're dead.

Does anybody care? This probably means nothing to you, but I'd f**king care. I've never met you in my life, probably never will, and have only communicated with you over this message board, but you still manage to strike me as being a great guy. I'd miss you if you went - think about how your loved ones would feel. Think about what everybody on this board has said to you tonight. I don't know if you're religious or not, so I won't browbeat you about facing God, but once you're gone, you don't come back. So stay. Please.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>