View post (is it good if you repeat a lot a solo?)

View thread

rockonn91
rockonn91
03/01/2006 1:54 pm
ummm. well ive never had that problem, but uhh. i guess if you keep working out each thing exclusively, you would just keep adding onto your memory bank up there.

keep in mind tho... whenever you play one thing, the other things dont get practice, and you forget them. thats just a fact of life. i'd practice everything. like, my typical practice (i dont really have a routine, but still) would be a warm up (scales with a metronome... increasing in speed untill its too rediculously fast. some people do this as their entire practice, but i dont really like that.) then after the w/u, i'd play a few songs i know, all the way through, trying to keep up the same speed the entire time (still using the metronome) i have like 5 songs that im trying to learn, and i'd just go through each of them, front to back. this way, im learning several instead of just overly cramming with one. and you still get the benefit of working on just one if you just keep doing the same routine every day untill you have them all down.

thats just a sugestion. hope it helps. :cool:
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast