Nascar!!!!

bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/11/2006 11:36 pm
Tis the season again. The Budweiser Shootout is tonight. Then Daytona next week. I'm pumped! :cool:
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/12/2006 12:54 am
Well they just postponed the race 'cause of rain. Guess the shootout will be Sun. now. Then the 500 next! Whoo Hooo!!!
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/12/2006 3:55 pm
Nascar will be playing on every TV in my house for the entire season - my mom is obsessed with it.

I'm not a big fan, but I will probably know every statistic about every driver - when the race is on, my mom also puts on this "incar radio" thing on the computer so she can hear what the drivers are saying on their radios.

She's a Mike Waltrip fan, and she also likes Tony Stewart (hey! he won last season!). I'm assuming by the picture next to your name that you're a junior fan?
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 3
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/12/2006 6:16 pm
Originally Posted by: The AceNascar will be playing on every TV in my house for the entire season - my mom is obsessed with it.

I'm not a big fan, but I will probably know every statistic about every driver - when the race is on, my mom also puts on this "incar radio" thing on the computer so she can hear what the drivers are saying on their radios.

She's a Mike Waltrip fan, and she also likes Tony Stewart (hey! he won last season!). I'm assuming by the picture next to your name that you're a junior fan?

Awesome! At first I thought you were the Nascar fan and when I read that it's your mom, well that's just awesome! Yeah, I'm a Junior fan. Go Team DEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
# 4
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/12/2006 7:36 pm
I think Jeff Gordon is due for another title. I'll be talking smack all season buda.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/12/2006 7:44 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaI think Jeff Gordon is due for another title. I'll be talking smack all season buda.

Great! I look forward to it. I think Gordon is a good driver but I don't like the guy very much. Junior will make sure Gordon doesn't get close to that title. If Junior doesn't step up and do it, well Tony Stewart will. :D
# 6
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/12/2006 8:11 pm
I've never seen a Nascar race.

It sounds like the kind of thing that's best watched with a six pack.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 7
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/12/2006 9:01 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiI've never seen a Nascar race.

It sounds like the kind of thing that's best watched with a six pack.

It's really the kind of thing best watched at the track. TV doesn't do the sport much justice. When you are actually there you can smell the burnt rubber, feel and hear the rumble of 43 cars going by at almost 200mph. It's awesome. The best thing about going to the track is that you can carry in all the alcohol you like as long as it's in a plastic container.
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/12/2006 10:26 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneI dig rally racing because of the complexity of the courses, the disturbing amount of abuse the cars go through in the process of winning... it's a lot of fun to watch. Crashes, spinouts, injured onlookers... HELL YEAH!!!

Seems like anything involving someone getting hurt is always fun to watch.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 9
aschleman
aschleman
02/13/2006 1:18 pm
I actually fly out of Indy on Wednesday to go down to Daytona for the 500... so I will try and post some pics for all those that don't get to experience Cup racing the American way. haha!

I do find rally racing very intriguing though. Racing is actually how I got into engineering... My brother races sprint cars (also a blast to watch) and my dad is a car owner and crew chief for him... but I never got into racing as much as the technical side of how the cars work and so on... So I love watching those WRC cars and how well engineered they are... But true marvels of engineering are the Japanes GT series cars... those things are nuts!

If you like dirt racing check out the World of Outlaws... whipping around a quarter mile DIRT track in 12 seconds is pretty F'n crazy... those cars are the exact opposite of engineering marvels. They're just American Muscle... 900 hp with a direct drive shaft... and one gear... GO FAST!
# 10
64johnny
64johnny
03/01/2006 1:55 am
:cool: nascar is cool, but i like the folks going 344 mph in 4.3 seconds! john force rules! i drag race my own self, but not fortunate enough to be there with mr. force! rock on john! :cool:
:cool: ^dave mustaine for president^ :cool:
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.