Anyone ever tried that one perfect pitch program?

cayotic727
cayotic727
02/08/2006 1:57 am
Anyone ever tried that one perfect pitch program thats always in guitar one/player with that two page ad? The David Lucas Burge or whats his face one?

That would be sooo sweet if what he promises with his product is true. I'd definetly pay 160 bucks for perfect pitch.
Alas for I am Jay! Reviver of very, very old threads!
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/08/2006 3:43 am
Don't waste your cash. Stay away from anything that says "Works in 60 days." or the like. They just want your cash. The best thing to do is practice.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
MarkTiarra
MarkTiarra
02/08/2006 6:24 am
I have to wonder if all you can really learn is relative pitch that you can do so fast in your head that it seems like perfect pitch. I'd still be interested to see the method they have.
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/08/2006 2:25 pm
I've read studies that show that people can learn to memorize notes to the point where they can identify them like someone with perfect pitch would be able to, but there are still differences between that and genuine perfect pitch. Currently there's no proof that any adult has acquired genuine perfect pitch. Of course, even if it is possible to acquire perfect pitch as an adult, it's going to take you years. You might as well consider it to be like learning a second language. Even kids take years to completely get it and they're the ones who have undeveloped hearing that permits them to learn it. Don't waste your money on some guy telling you to over analyze notes and associate them with the given letters, if you want a trained ear your best bet is to make like Schmange, bust out some of your CDs and start tabbing them out yourself. All though, it would be really cool to have perfect pitch.

On a related note, I have my own question. Lately I've been transcribing midis rather than regular songs, since I can slow them down easily, and even turn off other instruments so that I can hear the given instruments better. My question is, that midis lose a certain natural tone since they're electronic. Does anyone think that will hinder my progress in ear training?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/08/2006 7:52 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI shouldn't think so, as long as the midi note is the same pitch as the note on the guitar, it should be fine.

And to the starter of the thread: don't waste your money.

See that's what I was figuring, but it can't to have a second opinion.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/08/2006 8:37 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI do the same thing as you sometimes, as regards composing/transcribing using midi; I find I have no problem with my ear when switching back and forth between midi and actual guitar.

Truth be known, I some times find it easier/a bit better working with midis. Don't have to worry about them going out of tune.

Hulk Smash!!

# 6
alucard0941
alucard0941
02/08/2006 9:13 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI Currently there's no proof that any adult has acquired genuine perfect pitch.

what about Beethoven? Being def and producing music is basically the unlimate use of perfect pitch.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/13/2006 12:11 am
Originally Posted by: alucard0941what about Beethoven? Being def and producing music is basically the unlimate use of perfect pitch.

Late response, I know. But Beethoven was heavily trained in music since he was a very young child. His father was a strict teacher and being around music at such a young age will definitely effect your musical ear. Children can acquire it, but adults, especially deaf adults, still have yet to be proven able to get it.

Hulk Smash!!

# 8
64johnny
64johnny
03/01/2006 2:02 am
:cool: i've tried it for free, all i did was want to beat my head against the walls! save your loot, or invest it into your equipment! peace friend! john :cool:
:cool: ^dave mustaine for president^ :cool:
# 9
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/01/2006 2:30 am
I'm getting damn sick of seeing that Lucas guy's ads in the back of G1. He's always in some queer pose that makes you want to give him a wedgie.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 10
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/01/2006 2:36 am
David Lucas Burge is a woman in disguise.

Hulk Smash!!

# 11
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/01/2006 2:52 am
Ya, we all saw his nip slip.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.