the stiletto and flabby bass

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
02/03/2006 8:25 pm
Well i changed the tubes in my stiletto this morning to jj's. After finding out that 2 tubes where bad, through a long process :( it did improve the amp and made it more darker. Still one problem remains. The neck pick ups on my strat and les paul are so muddy with power cords and not tight at all. I suspect that the more volume i give the more the muddyness goes away but it was at pretty high volumes before i noticed this. Both pick ups are vintage type pickups with the strat being a '62 fender pickup and the les paul being an alnico 2 pro humbucker from seymour duncan. This is the amps major downfall...can anyone tell me some suggests before i go and get it modded and waste more hard earned cash? Could it be the pick ups as well....as a lot of people say they dont experience this...BTW flabby bass syndrome is very common among mesas. The high 4-5 strings however sound tight...its just power cords on neck pickup really... :mad:
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/03/2006 9:24 pm
Using an EQ in the loop might help tighten things up. Pickups and guitars do make a difference though. My PRS can be a little muddy with some amps, whereas my Schecter with a JB/59 set is supper tight with almost everything. I also found that my MXR ZW-44 overdrive really tightens up a loose dirty channel.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.