Using a eq to get more grind

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
02/02/2006 7:48 pm
Im using a eq. Can anyone help me get more "grind" from it? What frequency should i boost and what should i cut to get that great clanky jcm 800 grind? Essiently iwant to use the eq to push my amp, and subsequently add that LA heavy metal sound. Also to tightin the amp up and make it more punchy. Its a 6 band. Also what is the benfits of using a eq through the fx loop as oppose to before the preamp?

thanks.

Additional if i use a ts 808 or ts 9, then a eq, what frequency would i cut/boost to make the ts's as transparent as possible? Ive heard that ts have a mid spike.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 1
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
02/03/2006 9:50 pm
I doubt you'll get the sound of a JCM 800......but, try cutting the 200k frequency a bit. It'll help "tighten" up the tone and make it less muddy.

The advantage of running the eq through the effects loop is that the signal has already passed through the pre-amp, which is where most of the tone comes from..your then fine tuning that tone..if your running it in front of the amp, your cutting or boosting the frequencies in the signal before it even gets to the amp, so the effect is not as noticable...
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.