help me..

Jose Daniel
Jose Daniel
01/26/2006 4:11 am
:) helo there, my aunt decided to buy me an effects for my guitar and i was wandering who can reccomend me effects that are --> new, cool and friendly ..and also not so expensive. :)
Many drops of water make a river, many grains of rice make a large basket, do not underestimate your own potential, and do not think of any good deed as too small to do. - Master Shih Cheng-yen

Positive and negative emotions cannot occupy the mind at the same time. One or the other must dominate. It is your responsibility to make sure that positive emotions constitute the dominating influence of your mind. - Napoleon Hill
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/26/2006 5:22 am
You could always start with a chorus pedal, or a distortion pedal, or you could also go with a modeling unit like the digitech rp100.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
Jose Daniel
Jose Daniel
01/26/2006 1:34 pm
Originally Posted by: bigbudaYou could always start with a chorus pedal, or a distortion pedal, or you could also go with a modeling unit like the digitech rp100.

what Are other modeling units that you could suggest?? like a zoom gfx or korg something??----> is this great??
Many drops of water make a river, many grains of rice make a large basket, do not underestimate your own potential, and do not think of any good deed as too small to do. - Master Shih Cheng-yen

Positive and negative emotions cannot occupy the mind at the same time. One or the other must dominate. It is your responsibility to make sure that positive emotions constitute the dominating influence of your mind. - Napoleon Hill
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/26/2006 7:40 pm
A wah pedal. You won't regret it.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/26/2006 7:41 pm
Originally Posted by: joelardzwhat Are other modeling units that you could suggest?? like a zoom gfx or korg something??----> is this great??

The Line 6 pod works wonders.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
rockonn91
rockonn91
01/26/2006 9:20 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccThe Line 6 pod works wonders.

aye, it does, but i bet his aunt wont be extremely keen on buying one.

you got a pricerange of any kind? cuz if its in the 200's, i would check out a multi effects board.

heres the Zoom GFX thing you mentioned. it looks pretty nice, i'd buy it.

as for individual effects-
a chorus pedal (as buda said) is an incredible effect; great for anything clean.
delay- a great effect- the multiple echos blow people away, man.
Pitch shifter- does harmonies, etc. another effect that should be used more often.
phasers and flangers- sound great distorted.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 6
pure
pure
01/27/2006 12:48 am
Originally Posted by: rockonn91aye, it does, but i bet his aunt wont be extremely keen on buying one.

you got a pricerange of any kind? cuz if its in the 200's, i would check out a multi effects board.

a chorus pedal (as buda said) is an incredible effect; great for anything clean.
Pitch shifter- does harmonies, etc. another effect that should be used more often.

what about wah pedals? they're awesome, and if you hold the pedal down it makes harmonics so easy. you dont even have to attempt to do a pinch harmonic or any harmonic for the wah pedal to pick it up. and wahs also add sustain. they do..

also that wah sound is cool........
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 7
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/27/2006 1:46 am
Originally Posted by: rockonn91aye, it does, but i bet his aunt wont be extremely keen on buying one.

I got my pod 2.0 on ebay for about 80 bucks. Wooooo lucky me.

Myspace
# 8
Jose Daniel
Jose Daniel
01/27/2006 2:08 pm
ei tnx u guyz!! :)

# 9
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
01/27/2006 2:45 pm
yeah, if you can get a Pod I would (remember that the version 2 for 80 bucks on ebay will also require a floorboard for playing live etc). If you can afford an XT Live...go with it.

I dont like Zoom at all...and most guitarists agree with me.
take a look at some Korg Toneworks products or Digitech Rp range.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 10
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/27/2006 8:08 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew Sayeah, if you can get a Pod I would (remember that the version 2 for 80 bucks on ebay will also require a floorboard for playing live etc). If you can afford an XT Live...go with it.

I dont like Zoom at all...and most guitarists agree with me.
take a look at some Korg Toneworks products or Digitech Rp range.

I wouldn't think you would need the pedal board for live playing, unless you use the effects, then most definatly.

Myspace
# 11
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/28/2006 2:28 am
A pedal board is quite useful for switching between clean and distorted in a song or you can just program all the tones you need for whatever song for your entire set. Makes life a little easier.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.