Warlocks

pogohead
pogohead
01/23/2006 12:10 am
Ello there.

My missus is about to treat me to a guitar. I've always wanted a BC Rich Warlock (since being a teenager really) and now I've got the chance, but I'm up in arms as to which one to go for.

The two models I'm choosing between are the NJ Series and the Platinum Pro.

I want the one thats probably nicest to play and has the best trem system (I have problems with cheap floyd roses) so it'll stay in tune more when I start going for it (big dive bomb fan). I've heard of this speedloader thing but I'm not sure what it actually does and why its so good. Therefore I'm not sure if I should just get the Pro or spend the extra for the NJ.

Anyone who has any idea will be helping me a lot :D
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/23/2006 4:39 am
I've never played any BC Rich guitars. I would check out harmonycentral.com for reviews. Also look at musiciansfriend.com for reviews.
Hope this helps you out some.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
01/23/2006 10:44 am
Also, make sure you try one out before you commit to buying it, you may find that its uncomfortable to play sitting down (if that's important). I always had my eyes on a Gibson Explorer when I was a kid, now that I have cash I find out that you have to be standing up to be able to play them and I spend most of my time in a home studio... The "Beast" headstock on the new Warlock is very cool though! Check out E-Bay, I saw a nice one there listed by a dealer top spec with the bevelled edges, ice white/blue colour.... very cool. Also, I got a big discount by negotiating through email then phone on a EBMM Petrucci model;-) Keep em sweating, guitars don't walk out of dealers doors so you could probably get the full spec for the cost of a lower model if you play hard ball.
# 3
pogohead
pogohead
01/23/2006 8:48 pm
are speedloaders any good though? if they're really pointless then it seems a waste of an extra £100!
# 4
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
01/23/2006 9:08 pm
speed loaders take away alot of the hassle of Floyd Rose systems...and in my experience tend to work just as well as, or even better, than the standard units, only thing I would be weary of is the strings, I dunno if regular ball-end strings would work or if you need those bullet-end ones.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.