Crate Powerblock, anyone know anything about it?

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/05/2006 4:26 am
Ok, a friend of mine brought this to my attention. Crate released a head that weighs a mere 5ish pounds and produces 150 watts. Finding this to be quite a feat and being quick to disapprove of crate I'm skeptical. I don't know when it was released so if I'm late on the ball, forgive me. But does anyone know anything about the quality of it or anything? I know it doesn't have on board effects or distortion or much of anything other than a clean channel, but I can't really find anyone else's reviews on it to tell me more than that.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/05/2006 11:30 am
I've had my eye on this little bugger as well. It gets some mixed reviews on musicians friend. One guy gave it a bad review 'cause he was trying to play an acoustic guitar through it and it didn't sound right. Well, it's not an acoustic amp. Anyway, it seems that most people that own it tend to give it decent reviews. They've got one on MF that's a blem model for 170.00 bucks.
Probably just has a small scratch on it.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/05/2006 5:08 pm
Ok, thanks. I'll look into it.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.