Buzzing String

PowerChordWiz
PowerChordWiz
12/23/2005 5:46 pm
I just restrung my guitar about a week ago, and noticed that the low E string had a wierd buzzing noise everytime I played it. It doesnt happen on any of the other strings, only on that one. Even after a week it's still buzzing, and it hits against the frets giving that clangy buzz. I'm not sure if I should just replace that string or do something with it, please help!
# 1
MSF06
HAZMAT
MSF06
HAZMAT
12/23/2005 7:03 pm
On my guitar I do not have the best bridge and from time to time the adjustment screws loosen so when I remove the strings it changes the action and inotation just a bit and I get the buzz you are speaking of.

Did you put on different strings?
Did the action and/or inotation change? Either on purpose or perhaps you bumped the bridge.

There are other reasons but those are the first I would check out.

MSF
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Practice does not make you perfect. Perfect practice makes you perfect.[/FONT]
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
12/23/2005 8:12 pm
You most likely need to raise the bridge or adjust the truss rod. If you are unsure/uneasy, just take it to a local shop.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.