boss distortion pedal

pennyanmurph
pennyanmurph
12/18/2005 3:09 pm
Hey everyone-

A friend of mine has a Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal that he will sell me for 25 bucks. He has hardly used it, but I was wondering if this is something I should buy from him. I'm just learning to play guitar, and want to play mostly classic rock, nothing too heavy metal or anything. Just wondering if this would be good to get for that kind of playing. Thanks a lot.
# 1
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
12/18/2005 3:43 pm
Originally Posted by: pennyanmurphHey everyone-

A friend of mine has a Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal that he will sell me for 25 bucks. He has hardly used it, but I was wondering if this is something I should buy from him. I'm just learning to play guitar, and want to play mostly classic rock, nothing too heavy metal or anything. Just wondering if this would be good to get for that kind of playing. Thanks a lot.

I wouldn't get it. It's for mostly well... metal. If you want classic rock or something not too heavy get a boss ds-1, superdrive, or Bluesdriver BD-2.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 2
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
12/18/2005 4:19 pm
tho for 25? why not, I find the Metal Zone pretty versatile, and I'm sure with the distorion rolled down you could get quite a decent drive out of it...certainly better than you have any right to expect at 25$.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 3
pennyanmurph
pennyanmurph
12/18/2005 4:54 pm
That sounds like a good idea. It's worth a shot I guess, and probably good to have if I ever decide to play some metal. Thanks.
# 4
zoran the dark
zoran the dark
12/18/2005 5:13 pm

hmmzz..
it does have a "Dist" function and you can lower your gain with it pretty much. if you want to know my settings for metal and classicrock:

metal: - Level to half (5)
- Low to half ( 5 )
- High to a kwarter ( 2.5 )
- Mid Freq to just over a half ( 5.5 )
- Dist to max ( 10 )

and for a rock-sound I use the same settings but decrease my Dist to 2.5 or 3. just find out what you think is enough gain.

good luck

and don't forget to use good reverb!
# 5
zoran the dark
zoran the dark
12/18/2005 5:15 pm
Originally Posted by: zoran the darkhmmzz..
it does have a "Dist" function and you can lower your gain with it pretty much. if you want to know my settings for metal and classicrock:

metal: - Level to half (5)
- Low to half ( 5 )
- High to a kwarter ( 2.5 )
- Mid Freq to just over a half ( 5.5 )
- Dist to max ( 10 )

and for a rock-sound I use the same settings but decrease my Dist to 2.5 or 3. just find out what you think is enough gain.

good luck

and don't forget to use good reverb!

damn, forgot to tell the Middle-knob: it's set to half
# 6
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 12:03 am

get it....you can roll back on the distortion and dial in the tone you want.

the pedal costs around $100 new. you'd be a fool to not get it.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.