Any good VST plug-ins?

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
11/19/2005 11:55 pm
hey, was just wondering if anyone knew a good site for free VST plug-in's....or VST plug-ins/bundles that are worth the money?

edit: i should clarify....i'm looking for dynamic/time-based processing plug-in's....not virtual instruments/synthesizers.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/20/2005 3:28 am
Not sure about freebie stuff. Most of the free stuff I got came with Cubase and I rarely use em cause once you buy some decent plug-ins, the free stuff sounds like crap.
If you want a good package, go with Pluggo. There's a ton of stuff for a decent price.
Other than that, I'd recommend BBE Sonic Maximizer for vocals and acoustic guitar. PSP VintageWarmer for compression, Spectral Design Voice Generator/Voice Processor for vocals, TC|Native Reverb Master, PSP84, Spektral•Delay, Karlette (echo), Antares Auto Tune, MicMod (mic emulator), Grugelizer (for that old radio sound), Magneto (for warmth), MDA De-ess.
And finally, t-Racks for mixdown.

The ones that get the most use are the TC|Native Reverb Master, PSP VintageWarmer, Karlette and t-Racks.
# 2
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
11/21/2005 1:54 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeNot sure about freebie stuff. Most of the free stuff I got came with Cubase and I rarely use em cause once you buy some decent plug-ins, the free stuff sounds like crap.
If you want a good package, go with Pluggo. There's a ton of stuff for a decent price.
Other than that, I'd recommend BBE Sonic Maximizer for vocals and acoustic guitar. PSP VintageWarmer for compression, Spectral Design Voice Generator/Voice Processor for vocals, TC|Native Reverb Master, PSP84, Spektral•Delay, Karlette (echo), Antares Auto Tune, MicMod (mic emulator), Grugelizer (for that old radio sound), Magneto (for warmth), MDA De-ess.
And finally, t-Racks for mixdown.

The ones that get the most use are the TC|Native Reverb Master, PSP VintageWarmer, Karlette and t-Racks.

thanks for the suggestion about pluggo....i'll check it out...the rest of the stuff is way too out of my price range for now....which is why i wasl ooking for more affordable or free VST plugins.
# 3
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
11/27/2005 5:17 am
There is tons of free VSTs on the net, go to the discussion group for Mackies Tracktion, I know a while ago they listed a bunch. There are some really nice ones out there.

# 4
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
11/30/2005 1:05 am
Originally Posted by: hbkolbThere is tons of free VSTs on the net, go to the discussion group for Mackies Tracktion, I know a while ago they listed a bunch. There are some really nice ones out there.

thanks for the suggestion!

i actually found a decent place....

http://www.sounduser.com/software/vstplugs/p1.html

figured i'd share that incase anyone else is looking.
# 5
pbarnhill
Self Run Will
pbarnhill
Self Run Will
12/15/2005 4:10 am
The best plugins I have ever seen come from Universal Audio and their UAD-1 card. These plugins are amazing but the hardware and plugins cost $ (from about 350 for the project pack and more for their other packages). However, these vintage compressors and modern reverbs are amazing. check out UniversalAudio.com and read about their digital products.

I have two of their DSP cards installed and sware bye their 1176, LA2A, Pultec, and reverbs.
# 6
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/27/2005 5:50 am
can you mash in all 4 buttons on the 1176 and get the 44:1 compression ratio like on the real deal?
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.