Help me find more Children of Bodom songs like this.....

hunter1801
hunter1801
11/14/2005 10:06 pm
I have just this year discovered Children of Bodom. First off i wana say Alexi is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant even get over how good the solos/riffs/whater the hell else it is that he does. I have one problem though. The first songs ive listend to were Follow the Reaper and Black Widow. This made me try to look for more songs and now I have Kissing the Shadows and Silent night bodom night. I want to know what other songs sound like THESE. I noticed that only some songs of COB sound like this. Their other songs are all "darker" or heavier or something. Sorry if this is confusing. Basically, what are some other songs that sound like Follow the Reaper, Kissing the Shadows, Black Widow, and Silent Night Bodom Night. These are the ones that I like and I didnt like some other stuff I heard (ill try to find out the names but im at school "learning" :rolleyes: ).
Thanks
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/15/2005 12:20 am
Bear in mind that I'm telling you what albums to buy these songs on because Guitartricks.com does not advocate violating copyright laws (or any other laws, for that matter):

Pretty much anything off of Hatebreeder or Follow the Reaper will be right up your alley; I like Follow the Reaper better, but Hatebreeder is still a damn good album. Some highlights, though are:

Hatebreeder:
-Children of Bodom
-Warheart
-awe Hell, the whole album is what you're looking for.

Follow the Reaper:
-Hate Me!
-Every Time I Die
-Bodom After Midnight

Needled 24/7, We're Not Gonna Fall, Knuckleduster and Trashed, Lost and Strungout off of some of their newer stuff might sit well with you, too.

Then again, I love all of it, so my opinion is biased.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
hunter1801
hunter1801
11/15/2005 1:02 am
1) Good thing u mentioned that, cuz i am actually AGAINST downloading music and burning to cds and all that stuff. The only reason i use programs that do is to get an idea of what Im getting in to. I was already planning on buying Follow the Reaper cuz i like a few songs from there (havnt heard all) and just wanted some input as to others I might like. I currrently OWN 53 CDs and NONE are burned...all payed for in full cuz I believe people should give credit where credit is due and support the bands and their right to make a living off the music they give us. (Exept people like Nsyn, Brtney Spears, ect......they should pay us!). However, I wouldnt mind if prices on CDs dropped :D

2) Ya I also have trashed lost and strung out, forgot to mention that one.
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/15/2005 1:03 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovBear in mind that I'm telling you what albums to buy these songs on because Guitartricks.com does not advocate violating copyright laws (or any other laws, for that matter):

Pretty much anything off of Hatebreeder or Follow the Reaper will be right up your alley; I like Follow the Reaper better, but Hatebreeder is still a damn good album. Some highlights, though are:

Hatebreeder:
-Children of Bodom
-Warheart
-awe Hell, the whole album is what you're looking for.

Follow the Reaper:
-Hate Me!
-Every Time I Die
-Bodom After Midnight

Needled 24/7, We're Not Gonna Fall, Knuckleduster and Trashed, Lost and Strungout off of some of their newer stuff might sit well with you, too.

Then again, I love all of it, so my opinion is biased.

I see you didn't mention "Sixpounder." How dare you?
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/15/2005 1:54 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonI see you didn't mention "Sixpounder." How dare you?

I think that qualifies as one of the "dark" ones.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
Fretfire
Fretfire
11/15/2005 6:18 pm
Heres a video by Bodom ,I asked my friend to upload it for all of you, Alexi is really amazing!......this is "In Your Face" from their album "Are You Dead Yet?"

http://dl1.mediaportal.ru/mediav/videos/children_of_bodom_-_in_your_face_MediaPortal.ru.avi

38.7 megabytes of pure metal power but worth the wait...a must for any Bodom fan

heres another if you still want more kick ass performance.....Song : Trashed, Lost & Strungout / Album : Are You Dead Yet.

http://video.nichevo.net/Children_of_Bodom_-_Trashed_Lost_and_Strungout.avi

40 megs.......ENJOY!
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 6
hunter1801
hunter1801
11/15/2005 8:23 pm
..............................speechless...........
Is that how it would actually look if they were playing the song? Or do u think it was just for show for the music video, cuz if he moves around the neck that fast I might as well quit guitar right now :mad: Ive been playin for 9 years and am not even 1/4 close to being that good.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.