View post (Question about guitar stunts and everything)

View thread

3fingeredblues
3fingeredblues
10/29/2005 6:58 am
Personally I don't care for the sound of wireless....I allways hear too much high end in them compared to a cable.....you can eq around it however, and if you are gonna be doing your Pete Towshend, Angus Young, Eddie VH, etc, type impersonations then it is a requirement.

Another plus that offsets the minus is that you can go right into the crowd. Dance with the girls while you jam....let people touch your guitar strings during a solo....if you use some left hand muting it can still sound ok when the drunks swipe the strings....and it really gets the audience into it....grab a lighter off the table in the back and play some slide with it.....

Performance, 9/10 is fun rather than perfection. Most people when they go see a band are out for a party and a good time...they want a show. Then there are also times for perfection....I don't expect to see Allen Holdsworth doing the splits, or Eric Johnson doing somersaults. I expect perfection, and they know it as there audience is primarily musician oriented.

Eddie VH, Steve Vai, and Yngwie Malmsteen are the only cats I have ever seen pull a virtuoso performance while also having a monsterous stage pressence. Angus Young to a lesser extent....(has there ever been a cooler vibrato than Angus?)

You need to decide when performing if you are gonna sacrifice a little technique for the show, or a little show for the technique.