Omgzor!

baci
baci
10/27/2005 1:35 am
what is the most amount of time you spent setting up a floating trem?

Lol it just took me 5 hours to get it right!! im tired :confused:
My babes :D

# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
10/27/2005 2:08 am
Good topic. I can usually set it up in about an hour or two at most. However, I am always tweeking mine. I just installed a tremsetter, by hipshot, and now I have to tweak it some more. I know there are alot of folks who wouldn't give you two cents for one, but I really like mine. I enjoy working on it or any other aspect of my guitar like wiring or whatever.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
3fingeredblues
3fingeredblues
10/27/2005 2:37 am
The most amount of time it ever took me?....oh man, I'm not sure. We all have a point when we don't know for sure what we are doing.

Nowadays it takes me a 1/2 hr to do a set-up on a guitar, regardless of floating trem or a set bridge. That is a genaralization of course, but assuming that everything else is in good working order, If I only had to change the strings, and balance the trem, were only looking at 15-20 min.

Of course it takes me forever to do what others would call simple maintenance on my car, while I have friends that would get er done in minutes.

You'll get faster at it as you do it more...also it looks like you have the new ZR trem on the orange Ibanez....I like those things....they are easier for the novice and pro to set up.

The most important thing to remember with "normal" or "older" Floyd type units is to give equal turns to the pivot screws, about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn, and the tension screws that are connectect to the spring claw...usualy 1/2 to 1 whole turn, and continually re-tune the strings to pitch every time you make an adjustment.
# 3
baci
baci
10/27/2005 2:48 am
THanks for the replies, yeah it took me so long to work out i had to adjust the spring tension via the claw screws lol got there eventually mind you, and now its still not PERFECT! but ill have another crack sometime soon, i must admit though, as much of a pain it was, i really did enjoy it! :D

I guess that always helps things along as well :)

PS> The ZR is lovely, very smooth and a neutral Zero point (which is adjustable via a thumb screw on the back) :)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.