View post ("Driving" Under Influence)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
10/23/2005 12:53 am
So, to clarify, I'm currently a "little-bit-tipsy"...and I've just tried playing a song I managed to nail earlier today, but suddenly I find myself unable to manage it; however, I've also tried playing a solo I've played a thousand (or at least it seems that many) times before live, (where I've been more that just tipsy) and I've got it right first time...

My question is this:

Does anyone else find that your finger's are able to, to a certain degree (for argurement's sake let's call it four pints - it's not, but for argument's sake, eh?!), compensate for an amount of intoxication and simply take over?

Also, I've found that one hand is often more affected than t'other...for example, I can play "Crazy Train" 's rhythm perfectly, yet the actual notes don't seem to want to join in - yet if I play "Whiskey In Jar" 's solo, my left hand know's what's meant to be happening, but my right hand seem's to have gone AWOL...

I know the answer is to stay sober - I'm just curious as to why I can play certain things from "finger memory", yet other's just decided to take a holiday. Does anyone else experience this, or are you all tee-total and therefore don't have this issue?! :rolleyes:
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.