View post (onstage tips)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
10/18/2005 8:27 pm
Originally Posted by: rawrockkillsawesome... so pretty much look happy have or look like your having fun. and go crazy.... :) will do man, oh and to whoever said that thing about eruption not appealing to non guitar players without another song... my whole band is playing and where all gonna play a song but after its done i'll wait for a little while cause i like to hear applause then ill go into eruption... :)[/QUOTE]

Could I make a suggestion? Try doing it the other way around....Start off with Eruption (asuming your band will let you!) and then go into the song...you'll grab people's attention then blow them away when the band kicks in...(if possible, get the song in the same key so everything can kick off without pausing - this is VERY effective on a non-guitarist audience).

Also, consider the intro to 'Am I Evil' by Metallica; perhaps not quite a flashy as Eruption, but has much the same impact.

[QUOTE=Blues_Man]Blues_man does not endorse the sharpening, flying, and or throwing of any guitar picking materials, etc... naw, but id use a hard pick.

I do - I do.......:p (Consider the possible lawsuits though before you decide -Hetfield and the infamous mike stand 'incident' spring to mind)...
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.