Hello from a place where there's 10 hot girls to one guy

Blue Flame
Blue Flame
05/18/2001 4:45 pm
Hi guys, I'm 21 years old and I've been playin for about year and some odd months. I just started playing again few weeks ago after about 3 years of not playing. I'm into punk rock bands like Strung Out, Good Riddance, Pennywise, etc. I'm pretty decent at rhythm, but I really want to learn bad ass solos. I can play lil solos, but not the ones that seperate the gods from mere mortals ;) At least not yet. I'm wondering if its too late to get real good though.. How long does it take to get good at playing our instrument? I mean real good. I've never taken lessons, but if they would help alot and not be too expensive I'd consider taking some for awhile. I don't know, but for me guitar is fun as hell to play, it's my escape from everything. Sounds cheesy, but I'm serious. I love just jamming, working on a song, or just making up my own stuff. Well, its nice to find a site for semi newbies like me, so I won't feel dumb about asking ?s like how to do harmonics and what not. Take it easy
Yesterday's a memory, tomorrow's just a vision.
# 1
raymond james
raymond james
05/20/2001 6:15 pm
You are so young you've got plenty of time to take over the world. And if you work on it, I've seen people become really good players in a short amount of time. Just apply yourself. Age has nothing to do with anything. I know that your into punk but if you want a good foundation in your soloing go to blues tricks, I submitted a lead course for beginners it applys to everything from jazz to metal. It could point you in a direction. I've been in every type of band they is and used the things showed in the lesson in everone, and it's free. And this website is the greatest, you can find almost anything you need here. I've been running around in here for about a week, and with all these fresh outlooks has effected my playing beyond belief, so dig around you'll get there.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.