Lateralus...

Joseph
Joseph
05/17/2001 3:36 am
So, do you feel that these guys have come a long way after all? Whats your opinion on the long awaited Tool record Lateralus?

I can't say that I forked over the money to purchase their album the other day, but a friend of mine purchased it, and I was given the chance to listen to it. Theres obviously a profound difference in their lyrics and in their style. They have certainly come a long way since their first album "OPIATE" was released. Do you feel that they have definitely progressed to the next level, or are you disappointed with their newest release? I can't really say that Ive always bee a huge fan of Tool, I mean Ive always heard a few of their songs from the past that I thought weren't bad, but I never felt prone to purchase one of their records as a whole. But now, I think Ive changed my mind. I was definitely impressed with "A Perfect Circle", and perhaps more so with "Lateralus", which I didn't expect. Although Maynard's voice doesn't grab your attention in the same way as it did with The Perfect Circle project, the music on Lateralus definitely makes up for it. These guys have noticable talent...

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
AtomicMassUnit
AtomicMassUnit
05/17/2001 3:44 am
I think it's great. Building speaker cabs today my drummer and i listened to it. they're a band that is absolutely timeless and brilliant. No one could deny the stellar musicianship those guys have. theyre a really well tuned machine.

Atomic
# 2
nanode
nanode
05/18/2001 10:50 pm
Like a handful of bands, Tool will be something people listen to 10 years from now.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.