[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
09/13/2005 10:43 pm
I didn't even know there was a lawsuit going on....

I'm still a Gibson fan though. :D
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
09/13/2005 10:59 pm
Was it about body styles? If so (speaking from Gibson's eyes) I'd probably be a bit more concerned about something like ESP where all their styles are pretty much knock offs, not that they're the only ones guilty of that. So I say cope with it already. But I'm still a Gibson fan none the less.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/13/2005 11:15 pm
I like Gibsons too, just not the business/corporate side of the company. I guess they wanted to pick on PRS to make an "example" out of them. Lord know's there are many other company's that make much closer copy's than PRS's Singlecut(not that it was a copy of the Les Paul by any means).

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
09/14/2005 12:04 am
Way to go PRS!

How about they both lower their prices now so I can afford some of their gear!
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 5
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/14/2005 12:18 am
My Dean EVO is a LP body style, I'm surprised they never got sued..
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 6
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
09/14/2005 1:30 am
This topic seems very close (as a metaphor) in style to the age old video game debate. Graphics or gameplay? Ultimately I'd like to see more companies try to branch away from other companies' styles rather than taking Strat and LP bodies and slightly altering them, but when broken down I personally would rather have an ugly guitar that plays much better. So I'm pretty iffy on the image thing. While I like a guitar that looks nice I can't help but feel like my money's going to waste if I don't like playing it. My Fender and SG are my favorites in my collection. I do like the way they both look, but I like playing them more than I like looking at them. Hell, even my Warlock (it's bronze series by the way) has a very good feeling neck. BC Rich is notorious for ugly bodies, but for what the guitars cost I think that they make good equipment.

So in short, if the body's shaped like a big piece of poop but plays better than anything else, I'll play it. It's not like I marvel at the guitar's body or think about what I look like when I play it when I'm playing it anyway.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 7
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/14/2005 1:41 am
Yay, when they gonna out the guitars back on the website?
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/14/2005 6:51 pm

you can see in these images that the guitars are VERY similar in body shape, and I can understand gibsons concern! when little jimmy goes to see a concert, and sees the guy using a gibson les paul, then he goes to the guitar store to buy one, he buys a prs instead because he thought it was the same.

I've got nothing against PRS, but I definately have nothing against a gibson, and being the owner of one, must say that they are very good guitars. I think what is going on is, gibson les pauls have always been used by famous bands and artists, and it wants to continue to be used by them, but PRS could start stealing the glory, and in another 20 or 30 years, PRS could have the legacy that gibsons have right now, while gibson is forgotten about.
just my opinions
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 9
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/14/2005 7:04 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs I think what is going on is, gibson les pauls have always been used by famous bands and artists, and it wants to continue to be used by them, but PRS could start stealing the glory, and in another 20 or 30 years, PRS could have the legacy that gibsons have right now, while gibson is forgotten about.
just my opinions

The reason for this is PRS Singlecut > Gibson Les Paul :D j/k, they're both great guitars.

But seriously, you don't buy a PRS Singlecut expecting it to sound like a Les Paul, because it doesn't, and vise versa. They have very different tonal characteristics. Key contributors here are the types of woods used, thickness's of the woods, the neck scale length (actually a big tone contributor), pickups, electronic components used, and the hardware, i.e. the bridge, tuners, nut, and frets. All of which are diffferent between the two guitars. Even the control layout is different. What I'm getting at, is they are two completely different guitars. The only similarity between the two are the body shapes. Even the body contours/carves are different.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 10
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/14/2005 7:19 pm

Are the differences not obvious, or maybe I just have an eye for detail. The body curves are defanately different.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/14/2005 8:18 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplaya
Are the differences not obvious, or maybe I just have an eye for detail. The body curves are defanately different.

actually, at first glance I couldn't tell the difference, I had to look at the bridge and the inlays to figure it out actually.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.