Fender Acoustic DG-20CE
1997 AMXN series Tele
2002 Squier Strat
Infectious
Mr. Hardcore Oldschool
Infectious
Mr. Hardcore Oldschool
09/14/2005 2:45 am
My favorite guitar is my first washburn electric. It's the best guitar I've ever played...it felt perfect the first time I played it and I love everything about it...it was only 100 dollars and came with the 18:1 gear ratio tuners, the best whammy bar I've ever used that rarely makes my strings go out of tune (even when I pretend to be Steve Vai), 24 frets and 2 single coils and a humbucker. It also has a very slim neck which is just perfect. The only thing I never liked were the volume and tone knobs which I changed with oldschool strat knobs. And the finish was a little boring so I pasted pictures of hot girls on it....and stickers too. I call that guitar JIF...like the peanut butter...because it's chunky and smooth. Hehe...that was a good one. :D Honestly tho...I even pasted the JIF logo on it.
# 2
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
09/14/2005 3:50 pm
My fav is my '92 Ernie Ball/Music Man EVH (the one in my avatar). It's a small guitar and fits my small hands perfectly. The sound of it is a little mid-rangy, but I can cut some of that with my eq. The pups are hot, which I like, gets a great chunk with the volume knob turned down to about 8. It took me a while to figure out that turning the volume knob down to about 8 cuts some of the brightness and gives it the chunk....It's got a maple top, which is why it has a bright tone I guess. This set-up works perfect for me, when a solo comes along, I just turn the volume up to 10 to get the full sustain and a little extra boost....

I got offered a trade of 2 PRS custom 22's for this EVH. I had to turn the offer down, I like this guitar too much...
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 3
NightProwler
NightProwler
09/15/2005 4:11 pm
Washburns are great , I have an old dean but I plan on buying a new 1 ...and of course Fenders are amazing especially the ones with a hss pick up.
# 4
aschleman
aschleman
09/15/2005 4:50 pm
Hmm... asking me to choose between guitars is like asking your parents to choose which child they love more... They won't give you an answer... but deep down inside... they have a favorite!! The one that I would call my "good son" is my Fender Stratocaster that I built and customized from all American Fender parts. Solid one piece flamed maple neck with a thin profile and vintage tint lacquer and non lacquered fingerboard. The body is a one piece choice cut Ash body... with a honeyburst finish (it's a vintage white color with grain showing through like a sunburst). The pickup arrangement is a set of Fender Custom Shop Custom '69 pickups... it has 5-way switching with no other fancy electronics... It has a pearloid pickguard and a vintage Fender tremolo.... with Ernie Ball 11 gauge string set. It's clean and vintage... nice guitar for most all styles... Now... for the "bad son" My first electric guitar was a cheap black Strat imitation that I bought for 90 dollars... basically a piece of plywood with strings and pickups. I loved it though... After many years of playing it I moved onto better guitars... however... I still would pull her out from time to time... We were in the studio recording one time and I got the urge to do an imitation of Jimi Hendrix sacraficing his guitar at the Moterey Pop Festival.... so I lit her on fire..... It was pretty cool. Since then I have sanded the rough edges from the burnt lacquer... she's also been drug through gravel quite a few times... has some beer bottle caps nailed to her... and since the electronics were all burnt up and the pickguard was melted... I fixed her up real nice with an all black double humbucker pickguard two hot BareKnuckle WarPig humbuckers and a chrome tone and volume knob... with a Les Paul three way switch... and a set of Zakk Wylde Boomers (.10-.70). It's a little more hard edged. haha... Those are my favorite axes.. of the 10 that I have. They're so different from each other... yet I play them both all the time.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.