Confirmed Hits..

Joseph
Joseph
05/10/2001 3:44 am
What do you guys think about the confirmation of Chris Cornell of Soundgarden recording with the remaining members of Rage Against The Machine? http://www.rusty-cage.com

Apparently the remaining members of Soundgarden already have prior commitments, but still Its hard for me to just give up on the idea of Soundgarden gracing the stage once again. But with this supposed project with RATM and Chris Conell, like I said before the only way these guys could exist together would be to change our overall approach. Chris's convictions in politics just aren't as strong as Dela Rocka's, and with the same name (RATM) the band would end up tarnishing the legacy they've created. But still, with a new approach, with Chris and of course Tom morello working together, this should be very interesting. Ive always said that it would be great to hear a snippit of their record session together, now it looks like we'll be granted much more.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
05/12/2001 2:09 am
Interesting! What have you heard about Chris and Rage? Last I heard they had already gone in the studio and Chris was out.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
05/12/2001 2:16 am
2nd May 2001
From Kerrang! magazine, 5th May 2001 - some real news!CORNELL & RAGE: IT’S ON!
Chris Cornell and the remaining members of Rage Against The Machine are in the process of forming a new band. Kerrang! has received reports from several sources that Cornell, Tom Morello, Brad Wilk and Tim Commerford are currently working on material in a Los Angeles studio. Speaking to Kerrang! this week, Chris Cornell’s manager, Jim Guerinot, was able to confirm some of the rumours.

Says Guerinot: "Yes, they’re in the studio at the moment. I can definitely say they won’t be using the name Rage Against The Machine. They’ve written 21 songs and it’s amazing stuff. But everything’s up in the air right now, because there’s a lot of legal stuff that needs to be sorted out."

It now seems highly likely that the new band will begin work on their debut album during 2001. Speculation is rife as to the musical direction the band will take, although it seems implausible that Chris Cornell would attempt to emulate Zack De La Rocha’s rapping prowess. Both Rage and Soundgarden were heavily inspired by bands such as Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, so this collaboration promises to incorporate those influences.

Kerrang! understands that the as-yet-unnamed new band are currently unable to make specific plans because Cornell and Rage are signed to different major labels. No clear plans to release the new material exist at the present time, but rumours suggest that an announcement regarding the new band will be made later this year.

-Joseph :D

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
05/12/2001 3:57 am
AWESOME! Can't wait to hear it.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 4
nanode
nanode
05/13/2001 6:50 pm
I like most of RATM's music. Lots of energy and creative ideas ahead of their time. However I don't really care for most of the political rhetoric.

Can't you have intense and unique rock and roll without being a total anarchist? :)
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.