View post (Whats the longest relationship that you guys have been in?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
05/07/2001 3:44 am
Originally posted by James
I don't think that if he truly loved someone enough to marry them, that he would throw that away just because the other person wasn't ready. Does that make any sense?

Personally, I think he went a little far in giving her an alternative, I don't think that marriage is always the answer to everyones problems, or that its promises longevity. But then sgain, its possible that he was looking for a way to end things, knowing that she would re-act in this fashion. I was in a similiar situaion a few years ago, but I never forced my girlfriend to make a decision, i just asked her flat out whether or not she was willing to enhance the growth of our relationship. But once she knew that I felt strongly about higher committment, she got a little bit scared, where she needed some breathing room. Things just arent the same between us, and I thought I knew how she felt all these years. And of course I think about if I kept my mouth shut whether or not things would have worked out, but I never pressured her into marriage, it was an honest question, and an honest expression of my feelings, Perhaps her feelings werent as string after all..

But take it from me what seems like the most perfect connection, usually isn't. A lot of the times we think that things couldn't possibly get better, where we set our expectations so high where we refuse to ackowledge the rough spots, where everything tends to go down hill. For a good relationship to last, I think its important to focus on both the good and not so good aspects, because from pushing everything under the rug it just creates more problems for us down the lines, where we end up wasting our time.

As for my friends situation, I'm not quite sure if he did the right think in forcing his girl to make this decision, but I guess he'll know whether or not it was tright a few years down the line. Personally I think they had a great thing going, but still I do understand where hes coming from.

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."