View post (so called "renting music" versus buying)

View thread

THEsageADVISORs
THEsageADVISORs
08/04/2005 2:17 pm
not sure if this is old ground but .........

some people get really ticked at the idea of "renting" music. ie napster, rhaspody, (in canada puretracks)

1) having a monthly listening subscription gives you the ability to fully preview the whole song as many times as you want before you decide to buy it. if i could afford to buy a lot of music I think full song preview would help me buy only what i was convinced I really loved. old school was hear 1 or two songs on the radio and buy a $15 - $20 cd and hate 10 songs on it.

2) if your budget is limited you can keep up with new stuff and listen to many, many of your favourites full song on demand for less than cost of one cd a month

3) some sites give you a discount on buying music if you have a listening subscription

i don't have c.c. available so i can't use napster.ca like i want. even with paypal you need a c.c. on file with paypal so i use puretracks.com and pay with paystone.com for $9.61 with tax i can listen to loads of music new and old. if i had a compatiable mp3 player i would try harder to find a way to get napster to go.

i don't want to spend heaps of money on music so less than one cd a month for all i get is a good deal for me. IMHO
http://www.david-darlene.homepage.nu