mi segunda guitarra (my second guitar)

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/20/2005 8:31 pm
hola, we both know that I can't speak spanish, so, I'm going to stop trying. anyways! I think I'm close to finally actually getting a second guitar (and getting as far away from my cheesy entry level guitar as possible.... well, ok, not really, because that guitar will always be my first love.) but anyways, I'm (hopefully) going to be graduating high school soon (yeah, I know, most people graduate BEFORE summer... but I'm actually only a junior, well, I would be one next year, but I took a test to graduate early, sorta like a GED, except you can take before you are 18. there are two sections of the test, english and math, I took this test a while ago, passed the english section, but failed the math section by ONE POINT. so, I went back and took it again, this time I only had to do the math section. and I think I passed it this time. but I don't get my results till august 3rd. but, when those results come, I'll have graduated, and as a graduation present, I think I convinced my parents to get me a new guitar. so! I'm trying to decide which one that I want. which is where you all come in!!! my price range is about $500-ish (i think) and I would like it if that price included a hardshell case, or at least a gig bag. I want a guitar that is good for playing rock, hard rock, metal, and just about anything that uses a medium to high amount of gain. I want one with 2 passive humbuckers (i'm willing to change these out though, if you find a guitar cheap enough so that I can afford both the guitar and the new pickups). mahogany body, preferably a mahogany neck, either a rosewood or ebony fretboard (i like ebonys just a little bit more though). I like maple tops, but it's not a super big deal to me. a tune-o-matic with stopbar or string-thru is a must! (no tremolo, I never use them and they are just a pain) and the thinner the neck the better (I'm used to playing an ibanez) some of the guitars I were looking at were the epiphone goth g-400, the schecter c-1 artist limited edition, the epiphone les paul classic quilt top, and the agile al-3000 slim taper. I was also looking at some of the ESPs, but most of them had active pickups.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
J.Hammett
J.Hammett
07/21/2005 6:58 am
I'm not sure if it has a mahogany body/neck but I think an epiphone flying v.
# 2
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
07/21/2005 10:37 pm
Schecter is the way to go
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/22/2005 7:57 am
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManSchecter is the way to go

I figured as much... but I must also add that this guitar will be pretty temporary... because I've been waiting until I graduated so that I could get a job too... and, since I'm only 16 (almost) I don't have to pay rent, bills, taxes, or anything... and there is very little income tax until I'm 18... so I figure that in a few months (if that) time that I'd end up buying something like a gibson sg or les paul... but then again, I'll also have to be saving up for a car... so maybe not... we'll see...
my spyspace
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/22/2005 1:20 pm
My vote goes to the Schecter. Go read my review of my Schecter C1 Blackjack in the Gear Review section. They're basically the exact same guitar. Only difference's are the binding and inlay's.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/22/2005 6:02 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaMy vote goes to the Schecter. Go read my review of my Schecter C1 Blackjack in the Gear Review section. They're basically the exact same guitar. Only difference's are the binding and inlay's.

your review was what made me consider it in the first place
my spyspace
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.